21 August 2011

Old Suitcases and Co.

Among the myriad of my grandfather's old attaché's and books that my father showed me this summer (all of which I wanted to keep, in all honesty), I found a suitcase. Cleaning up some years ago, my father had stuffed it full of old books and left it behind a sofa. I spent an hour or so rummaging through it, flipping through books filled with plays and other literary works.

More than the books, however, I wanted the suitcase. With a quick paint job and some W2, it would be good as new.



Anything from "The Music of Foreign Nations" to
"The Secret of the Siberia Platform" to "Dictionary
of the Amateur Gardener".
"HEY, PEOPLE! Collection of one-part plays against the
imperialist war, and the bourgeois and fascist morality"
1967, not-so-subtle literary propagada.

Apparently produced in the Leather Goods Factory of
Vilnius in December of 1974. Price- four rubles and eighty
kopeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment