10 August 2011

KBH


This blog has been barren for the past month because I have spent a significant amount of time trekking around Europe, stopping in Denmark and then continuing on to my Eastern European homeland, Lithuania. Finding internet access is equivalent to capturing a unicorn there, so I was entirely on my own.

My summer journey started off with a couple of days in Copenhagen after flying in from Reykjavik. I stayed at a fantastic B&B with a sometimes awkwardly humble Danish man who fed his guests fresh buns and coffee for breakfast.

Otherwise, here are a few things I managed to see.

Danes must be very fond of equestrian sculpture.
There were so many.


I'm fascinated by different nations' post boxes I can't help it.


Obligatory.



Nyhavn was easily my favorite place. I have such an affinity for ships and it was just stunning.





Overall, I'm a tad disappointed I didn't get to spend more time in the city, but it was wonderful regardless. Although a bit expensive, I must admit. The one beer 60 DKK gets you can buy you seven in Lithuania.

No comments:

Post a Comment