10 August 2011

Banana Republic and how it will be the financial death of me

A few months ago I discovered that one of my favorite stores, Banana Republic, had created an exclusive Mad Men inspired collection which would debut sometime in August. I'm already used to expecting ingenious and quality creations from Banana, but I feel like the store crawled around in my head for a while, compiled all of my tastes in clothing and pop culture, and spat them out in this line. This Banana/Janie Bryant collab is the greatest thing to ever be great (and terribly expensive). Here are some of my favorites from the collection.







From what I've heard from employees of Banana who have gotten an early peek (and a %50 employee discount...), the shoes for the collection are absolutely stunning, but the clothing is not made from the same quality material that one would expect from the store. Apparently, many are awkward fabrics that are difficult to shape or iron, yet cost the same as a regular silk Banana dress.

Nevertheless, this is a brilliant campaign, and I can't wait until the leftovers seep into the sales rack so I can actually afford them.

Banana launched the collection just a few moments ago, as I was writing this, and you can find it here. To celebrate the event, the store is also having a cocktail party tomorrow (or today, if you are east of the central time zone), where customers buying merchandise with their cards will receive a complimentary cocktail. Information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment